Thursday, December 8, 2011

Watching Television.

So if we’re honest, everyone has embarrassing shows they like to watch.  For me it’s the Disney Channel (seeing a trend here?  I swear I’m not 13).  And when I want to watch it, I don’t really want to hear anybody bitching or making fun of me, I want to watch Wizards in peace.  This is where being single is awesome.  I don’t have to compromise or pretend that it’s “ok” if we watch ESPN instead or some other STUPID show with lots of guns I don’t really care about.  The same goes for movies.  If I want to watch High School Musical, I don’t want to hear someone whine.  Or pretend that I’m not hurt that someone just winced in pain at one of my faves.  I mean, I totally get why no guy wants to watch Zac Efron dance and sing around the screen (unless he likes guys too), but it still feels like a personal attack when someone scoffs at something I love.  Think about how many guys have been tricked into watching the Notebook.  And no, they don’t like it, so just go ahead and admit to yourself that they are doing it for you.  Next time, plan a girls’ night so at least you can talk about how hot Ryan Gosling is without making your boyfriend feel like shit.

1 comment:

  1. no, but really. True life. I'm tryna watch the Vampire Diaries, not be subjected to a lecture about how lame/stupid/whatever it is. I'm aware it's cheesy, I just don't care.

    ReplyDelete