Thursday, December 15, 2011

Taylor Swift.

I know Taylor writes a wide arrange of love songs: happy, sad, depressed, unrealistic but if we’re honest here, the best ones are not the positive ones.  I had a time when “Today was a Fairytale” was my jam, but as soon as he peaced out I cursed the song. Sometimes her songs seem like lies, especially now that she’s dated some of the most attractive people on the planet.  (No, John I’m not talking about you).  It seems like she’s just gloating, “Yeah sorry you’re single, I’m going to go snuggle with Jake now as you listen to Teardrops of my Guitar on repeat.”  But then you realize, she really did cry on her guitar. Taylor’s just as awkward as every other girl.  You can’t be that tall, have curly hair and have an easy time at thirteen.  So despite her fame, glam, and superstar boyfriends, she’s just one of us: a sad girl wearing shorts in the cold crying over Taylor Lautner.  (Although her crying is actually legitimate.) One can only fully connect to Taylor, and the rest of single kind in these moments of despair.  Now I have friends who love Taylor, and are lucky enough to not understand the reality of “Forever and Always.” But for the rest of us 99 percenters, #occupybrokenhearts is a reality, unified behind a 22 year old who whips her hair back and forth.  Frequently.  I’ve gotten through some rough and awkward times with T-Swizzle.  Thank you Radio Gods, for playing “You Belong with Me” when he is in the car.  I always knew you were hipsters with your love for irony.  There are people who get Taylor and those who don’t.  If you’re single, the category you fall into is predetermined.

No comments:

Post a Comment