Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Single Ladies (Put a ring on it).

Now I have a friend who is married and loves this song.  It’s great when her husband talks about it; apparently she would turn her engagement ring around when she did the dance.  I don’t doubt her enthusiasm for the song, but there’s nothing like actually being single and knowing Beyonce has got your back.  Even though I find the phrase “If you like it you should have put a ring on it” fairly offensive, because I am no thing to put a ring on, I can’t help but sing out every time the Radio Gods bless me with this tune.  Beyonce highlights some great perks about being single in three minutes: going to the club, making guys jealous, and dancing in high heels.  So thank you Beyonce, for telling us single girls we DO have something to sing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment