Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wearing What You Want.

I used to date a guy who hated chacos.  This posed a terrible problem because I love my pair.  He wasn’t horrible about it, but definitely made one too many comments about how stupid they looked and how annoyed he was that every one was wearing them. When we broke up, I went out and bought another pair.  It was a liberating feeling, knowing that I wouldn’t have to hear someone complain about my footwear.  

So wear what you want.  Clothes shouldn’t be a deal breaker in a relationship, but let’s be real, sometimes they are.  The first thing we notice is how someone looks which includes how they dress.  I make a lot of first judgements based on attire.  Unfortunately, a lot of the time I’m wrong.  (Read that again, I don’t admit being wrong.  Like ever.) And it’s nice to be with someone who likes the way you dress, even if their attire is totally different.  While you’re single, wear WHATEVER you want, so you find someone who appreciates your sense of style and expression of self.  And when you’re dating someone, don’t judge a book entirely by it’s cover.  For example, I will no longer judge a boy by the bow tie.  Which remember, I not-so-secretly-anymore love.

Scouts Honor.

2 comments: