Monday, January 9, 2012

Not Having to Call.


Going out with married or almost married friends you learn to expect one thing.  The check in.  You call to invite them, and even if they are 99% sure they are available they have to see what Jay, Sean, or Chris is doing first.  I have to check too.  His first name is My, his last name, Calendar.  This is when I’m really grateful I don’t have to coordinate my wishes, desires, and afternoon ice cream around another person.  Yeah sure, someday I’ll grow up and find the person I’m willing to compromise with blah, blah, blah.  (Again, where are you???  Have I been friend zoned by the whole wide world?)  But right now, I’m going to relish the fact that my time is mine, and I’m always up for anything (depending on who is asking).

No comments:

Post a Comment