Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Being Awkward.

My life is like the show the New Girl.  If you haven’t seen it, GO WATCH IT.  I can relate to like 95% of the uncomf things that Jess does.  And sure, I bet it’s totally great to have someone who loves all your quirks and totally accepts them (or at least just rolls his eyes) but it’s got to be less entertaining.  Waiting to see how someone responds to your awkwardness is just part of the thrill of the hunt.  I don’t usually like to play games (remember, I’m the girl who says “I like you” prematurely) but how-is-he-going-to-react-today is pretty fun.  It’s only as awkward as you make it.  (Or when people decide to point it out.  I’ve never understood that.  Instead of relieving tension it just multiplies it by like 100.)

So until I find someone who finds me adorkable, I am just going to try and weird out as many people out as possible.  In the last year, probably due to the place I live and the people I live with, my awkwardness has dramatically increased.  I’m going to enjoy it until for some weird reason someone finds it endearing.  (Can’t wait to see how awkward that person is.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment