Sunday, January 1, 2012

Flirting.

It may not come as a surprise that I am super smooth.  In bars, in class, at church, I know how to strike up a conversation with a cute guy, anywhere, anytime.  I’m suave, witty and charming, pretty much the perfect catch.  The thing about being single is all this greatness isn’t missed by anyone.  I can flirt with anyone and everyone (if they meet my long list of requirements), because I don’t have to worry about one person getting jealous (just everyone being jealous of how coy I am).  I’m so glad I’m not attached, due to all the awesome people I get to know, and all the suitors I don’t have to worry about turning down.  (It's a rough life.)

Okay, I lied.  I am horribly bad at flirting.  When guys laugh I’m sure most of the time it’s at me and not with me.  Granted, some of the time I’m probably endearing (or at least I’m going to keep telling myself that), but 95% of the time I’m not.  My idea of flirting is over analyzing someone within a thirty minute conversation, just to make sure they know I’m extremely perceptive and can already list all their flaws.  It’s works SO well.  It always leads to romantic dinner zero percent of the time.  But the few times I get it right, flirting is fun and I am glad I can get to know someone new without worrying about how someone is going to interpret my actions.  (or misinterpret.  Just kidding, that happens a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment