Thursday, January 19, 2012

Listening to Adele’s “Someone Like You.”

Like much of Taylor and Beyonce’s musical musings, Adele’s “Someone Like You” is most appreciated whilst single.  (Or if you ended up with your second option.  That’s not a joke, it happens and I feel bad for those people.)  I have to admit, Adele has guts, showing up after he’s married.  Who does that?  I feel like that would not end well.  I can picture his response going something like this:

Shirtless guy opens door.
Guy: “What are you doing here?”
Adele: “I had hoped you’d see my face and that you’d be reminded, for me it isn’t over.”
Guy: “Clearly.  I’m MARRIED. Sorry I’m not sorry, home wrecker.”
Girl in background: “Who is it, sweetie?”
Guy: “[to wife] Stage 5 clinger I told you about! [to Adele] uhh sorry, how’s the singer stuff going?”
Adele: “I have a great idea for a number one.”
Guy: “Yeah, okay. Good luck with that.”
End Scene.

Guy gets divorced and every time Adele is played on the radio a baby is born, crying.

Whether you have literally been in her situation, a tamer form of unrequited love (see Taylor Swift), had a bad day, or just need to eat a lot of ice cream, listen to Adele.  Chances are if any of the above mentioned situations apply to you, there’s a higher probability you aren’t in a relationship.  And that you’ve cried to the song and screamed “That’s me!” during the recent SNL skit.  As my bff put it recently:

Cuss.
"someone like you" just came on in this coffee shop.
and it's gotten unnaturally quiet...
someone somewhere is crying to that song.

It’s like facebook stalking, we’ve all done it.  The only difference is that single people do it on the reg.
      
Note: I haven’t actually cried while listening to this song.  Miley Cyrus’s “The Climb”, however,  is a different situation.  True story.  And it wasn’t even over a guy, just graduation.  I’m as tough as nails, can’t you tell?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I wonder if people would find the album version of live version(s) more tear-causing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sounds the same, that woman doesn't have to be auto-tuned. It gives you just as many chills, if not more, live as it does on the album.

      Delete
  2. I cry over songs, too. But luckily I don't have to sob over Adele. But I love her music.

    ReplyDelete