Monday, March 4, 2013

Why Are You Single?

Being a bachelorette I get asked on the reg why I don't have a boyfriend.  When I do volunteer work with teenagers I get it twice as much.  Being single in the south, I probably get this question one hundred times more than the average American (except Mormons).  My first response is always, "How long do you have?"  But because no one really has time for that, here the responses I cycle through.  Feel free to borrow, no copyright needed.

1. I don't want a relationship.  (No one buys it.  Only some days I do.)

2. I'm a control freak.

3. [insert gender depending on your orientation] are really dumb, for real.

4. I'm in college/graduate/life school.

5. I'm still wounded by my ex from highschool/college/summercamp/last week.

6. I'm too busy being awesome.

7. I'm in a primarily female profession, and unfortunately being a lesbian doesn't work for me.

8. I'm opinionated. And always usually right.

9. Friend. Zone. I've been put there, I've put people there. Touchdown.

10. I defy gender stereotypes and want my partner too as well.

11. I like having the freedom to pick up and move anywhere, anytime, even if I don't actually do it.

12. It's the 21st century, not the Victorian era.  What crime am I committing by being unattached?  Come on people!

13. Ain't nobody got energy for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment