Monday, December 24, 2012

Ex-Mas

The holidays are a time for seeing family, friends, and running into awkward ex's from high school.  That is why I choose to hibernate and stay in my parents' house as much as possible.  

Just kidding.

Luckily for me, I have saved any awkward encounters with males for other holidays and places in my life.  But in some ways being single around Christmas is worse than Valentine's day.  Instead of two weeks of flowers and pink crap in your face, you have a month of sappy commercials and happy family Christmas photos.  Bah-hum-bug.

Single people don't fret, here's the light at the end of the tunnel: no excessive traveling, no in-laws, and you get to eat as many cookies as possible while wearing stretchy pants and having your mom comfort you at the same time.  Soon it'll be January and everyone will be miserable, relationship or not.  

Plus, I know every kiss begins with these luscious lips, not over the top bling.  And until I find someone who wants to rant about our consumer society as much as I do and laugh at the idea of Jesus turning over tables in the mall, I'm perfectly fine doing it with my family.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment