Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Texting.

Texting is awesome.  It’s really the best way to communicate with someone.  If I really wanted to know how someone felt, or to see their facial expressions, I would talk to them in person.  Or at least on the phone.  But that would be too much work.  It’s way easier to initiate conversations (or reject them) when all you’re looking at is a phone screen.
 
Texting is also just another way to feed my desire to over analyze every detail of my life. I know what you’re saying, but what do you really mean?  Without any inflection in voice, I can just make up the tone I want you to have.  My friend and I had a late night conversation about the importance of punctuation in messages.  “Sure” means something totally different than “Sure!”  Fellas, punctuation matters.  With that exclamation point, I can really feel your enthusiasm about hanging out.  You may then choose not to respond to my 50 other texts, but I know this time, you’re excited about my presence in your life.

So until I find a relationship I don’t want to destroy through miscommunication, to the texting I will turn.  It takes more guts to actually call a guy, which has to be why he’s not calling me either..  Why grow up when we can hide behind middle school forms of communicating?  

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment