Friday, March 23, 2012

Guy Best Friends.

I have a habit.  It’s not bad or good, it just is.  Ever since the 7th grade, I’ve had a guy best friend.  Now, just to clarify, it hasn’t been the same one since then.  Not like we break up or anything, but there are multiple guys who have played the role of “best friend” in the different contexts of my life over the years.  I will admit, sometimes “best friend” is just code for “I have a huge crush on you.”  But more often than not, these are purely platonic relationships.  You know you are just friends when Johnny’s bros thinks he’s trying to holler and his response is “Ew. She’s like my sister.”    

Typical.

Despite my limited dating experience, I feel like I know how dudes work thanks to my bros.  They’ve taught me a lot over the years about guys wants, needs, and monthly cycles (It’s real, look it up).  My extensive knowledge of video games and various music genres will serve me well when my best friend and significant other are one in the same. But until I’m attached, I’m going to enjoy bro-ing out with the fellas.  Or until he leaves me in the dust and gets a girlfriend.


the ultimate bro.
(I do not own this image.)

2 comments: